Frequently Asked Questions
What's in it for a Performer?
- Professional Facility
- Dedicated Space for rehearsals and performances
- Multiple rooms for shared use
- Alternative space for outdoor events needing to relocate
- Long-term support for artistic and cultural initiatives
What's in it for Attendees?
- Promote Cultural Activities
- Strengthen Town Identity
- Platform for Private and Public Events
- Repurposing of Heritage Building
- Close proximity to downtown
- High quality events facility
What's in it for Sponsors?
- Ongoing Business Advertisement
- Discounted Access for Rentals
- Part of Community Investment Strategies
- Attractive to potential employees looking to relocate
- Professional and heritage venue for business conferences and events
What's in it for the Community
- Cultural events and initiatives are attractive to individuals/employees looking to relocate to the town
- Facilities dedicated to arts and culture encourage investment and enhance/grow economies
- Dedicated venues help galvanize town and community identities encouraging engagement with unique regional culture
- A high quality space for community events including memorial services, awards ceremonies, and fundraisers enhances the experience for participants and planners
How much will it cost to build it?
- Initial costs for retro-fitting the main space for performances will cost approximately $50,000.00
- Costs associated with updating remaining rooms will run an additional $50,000.00
- The cost associated with constructing an extension on the front of the building will run upwards of $150,000.00
When will it be ready?
- The space is ready to be used now
- The facility will be built up over the next five years
- Professional seating and technology should be installed by the end of the 2017/2018 performance season